Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Another Judgement

We received a default judgement in the mail yesterday for $435 plus $95 in court costs. At first I didn't remember even receiving the summons, but it came just before Christmas, when things are so hectic both at home and at work that they it was easily forgotten.

I don't know if the next step will be for them to issue a wage garnishment,or what. The notice we received yesterday said thing about it.

What gripes me most about this judgement is that it was for a bill that we don't even owe. At least, in my opinion. Part of it is for a food system my wife joined that she can no longer even access because they closed up shop and moved out of town. The rest is for dental work that I already paid for in full.

At least this judgement can be added to our bankruptcy filing.

No comments: