Sunday, February 18, 2007

Almost There

Our federal income tax refund arrived yesterday, and the first thing we did was pay the remainder of the legal fees for our bankruptcy. It was a good feeling. I have also sent most of the required documents to the lawyer and hope to get the rest finished up this weekend. That would mean that our case could actually be filed within a week.

Think what you will about bankruptcy, but I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, and it's a great feeling! A renewed sense of financial freedom is just around the corner.

My wife is concerned how her parents will react if they read the notice in the paper (think Marie from Everybody Loves Raymond). I sympathize with her, but I also feel that it's more important for us to get back on our feet and raise our family in a home of our own than worry about my wife's judgmental parents.

In the end, all will work out, and life will be much fuller for us.

No comments: