Sunday, February 4, 2007

Income Tax Refund

I did our Federal and state taxes today using one of the online free tax preparation tools recommended at IRS.gov. To my utter amazement, according to the final 1040A form completed online, we'll be getting a Federal refund of $3,422!!! Wow!

That will pay off the rest of our bankruptcy legal fees and get this thing resolved and behind us once and for all. It will allow us to buy a new bed to replace the twenty year old bed we've been sleeping on for years, and possibly upgrade our nine year old computer, which still runs on Windows 98.

In the process of completing our taxes, I discovered that I apparently made an error in our 2005 taxes. Instead of the $23 refund we received last year, we should have received more than $1,900. Needless to say, I'll be filing an amended tax form for 2005.

It's nice when things seem to go your way for a change.

No comments: